Project 1 Summary

The first project of this class was making a laser-cut product.
To do so, I had to design my item first, after a few times of research, using Rhino.
And after numerous times of editing, I laser-cut my file, on 1/8" thick plywood and got the final item.
The photo below is the final image of my product.


< Final >

Highlights!

 


< Core inspirations >

The first photo is how I got an idea of using unique shape. I copied those tiles' shape and played around and made a complex design out of it.
The second photo is from a traditional building in Korea and I thought the layered decoration of it is something I can apply on my design.
The third photo is a piece of an artist, who makes layered wood cut arts. I always thought the perks of using a laser-cut is getting a outcome including delicate lines or shapes, and I thought I can adopt this feature in my piece as well. 


< Design Process and some details >


< Cut Files >






< Rendered images from Rhino >

Since I am using plywood as my material, I adopted birch wood texture when rendering my Rhino file.

Rationale


It was a challenging project since the design that I chose was very complicated. Designing a holistic design in 2d and separating it into few layers were not easy. I had to double check my design few times and edited numerous times as well, so that I would get successful result. I am very satisfied with the result and I think I will be more prepared to do similar work in the future, in designing.






 

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Project 2: Reverse Engineered Object (Week 1: Select)

MILESTONE PROJECT 1: Stacked Slices Model

ALGORITHMIC SURFACE MODELLING + ANIMATION