Project 1 Rendering

 This post explains how I got the rendered image of the project.



After making my cut file ready, I worked on the rendered image of my objects. The command I used to get the each layers of the object are extrudecuv - cap - BooleanDifference. When extruding objects, I set the height as 1/8", which is identical thickness of my material. 

After getting the each shapes through those commands, I used "move" command to get them stacked each other and applied textures on each layer and the back ground. For my object, I used Birch wood texture, since I knew that my plywood will be birch. And it looked to be the color that I was expecting.



As a background, I chose darker color of wood, which is named as African teak polished, so that it can show my objects' material well and still look related.




I tried some other settings through render properties, but it was better not to change any light setting or environment setting. So I sticked with the original setting. It was suitable to present my layered object by having darker, shaded area through layers.


Final presentation






I reminded that how Rhino can be even more useful to present ideas realistically using rendering feature, on top of its 3D modeling feature.














댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Project 2: Reverse Engineered Object (Week 1: Select)

MILESTONE PROJECT 1: Stacked Slices Model

ALGORITHMIC SURFACE MODELLING + ANIMATION